Please join our 22nd Annual Members Art Exhibit in Ashawagh Hall July 1 – 10, 2016. It is a unique opportunity to show two pieces of your artwork for ten days.
Reception: Saturday July 2, 2016; 5-8 pm
Hours: Friday, July 1st; 1-6 pm
Saturdays : 9-6 pm
Monday through Friday 10-6 pm
Sunday, July 3rd;10-6 pm
Sunday, July 10; 10-4 pm followed by pick up
– Drop off date : Friday July 1st from 9 to 10 am
– Each paid member will be allowed 2 pieces of artwork which will be hung one on top of the other and not next to each other. The artwork may have a width of 32 inches, the height is not determined.
– The pieces have to be wired and framed.
– As the cost of renting Ashawagh Hall has gone up, the entry fee for the show will be $55 . Keep in mind that we do not charge any commission and no extra charge for the second piece
– Sculptures not too large and bring your own pedestal
– Art bins are not allowed
– Pick up Sunday, July 10th from 4 pm until 5 pm.
We are unable to store or hold work, so please ask a friend to pick it up for you, if you are unable to do so.
All participants are expected to sign up for a 2 hour sitting slot during the time of our show
The application for the Members Exhibition is posted on our website, download, fill out and bring it with you at the drop off.
There will be forms at the door for those of you who cannot download
Make your own labels, we do recommend that you print them, attach a removable label on the front of your artwork.
On the label : Artist’s name – Title of work – medium – price .
ACTIVITIES DURING THE TIME OF THE SHOW
On Wednesday July 6th, The Wednesday Group, a plein air painters group will be painting on different sites around and on the grounds of Ashawagh Hall. You are welcome to join them at no cost, to paint en plein air, starting at 9 am. Meet at Ashawagh Hall.
On Thursday July 7th, at 4 pm. FRANK R. SOFO fine artist and children’s book illustrator will be giving a talk at Ashawagh Hall.
The talk will include the process of writing and illustrating a children’s book for self publishing. This will also include creating & designing the pages on the computer as a finished book for printing. Public welcome
The Board Members have chosen the logo created by Bob Wilson
They are very grateful to all members who put their time and talent in creating a logo for the AAEH. Your participation was very much appreciated. Thank you!
ARTWORKS FOR PUBLISHING
The artworks chosen to be published with the announcement of the show in the newspapers are:
– A photography by Joanna McCarthy ” American Porch ”
– A painting by Deb Palmer ” After the storm ”
– An abstract painting by Barbara Bilotta
Save the date for our STUDIO TOUR. September 17-18, 2016. As we received many positive reactions from members and artists, we invite you to join the tour again this year. Please let us know if you want to participate
Artists Alliance of East Hampton, P.O. Box 2242, East Hampton, NY 11937
Become a member and we will announce your artistic activities, talks, classes, shows, etc. in our weekly email blasts.